Don’t get me wrong, I love the festive season with all the cooking included, but in between Christmas and New Years Eve I want something that is really easy. So here my recipe for couscous salad. It is perfect for a quick but light dinner and leftovers make a delicious lunch to take to work for example.
The photo today is not of this actual recipe but similar. I had some leftovers from Christmas and so I combined them. Here I used salami (also a good substitute for chorizo if you don’t like the kick as much), spring onions and courgette. Also a lovely combination.
You need a sausage like the picture above.
Ingredients for 1 person (easily multiplied):
– 50 grams of couscous
– 1/4 of a stock cube
– 75 grams of chorizo sausage
– 100 grams fresh spinach
– 50 grams of feta cheese
1. Cut the feta and chorizo in pieces of around 1 cm. Wash the spinach.
2. Put 100ml of boiling water in a bowl and dissolve the stock cube. Add the couscous, stir and cover with a plate. Let it soak for about 5 minutes.
3. Put a pan on the hob and bake the chorizo cubes until crisp , don’t add any oil!
4. Fluff the couscous with a fork and add the chorizo and its juices.
5. In your just emptied pan stir fry the spinach. Add this to the couscous and chorizo.
6. Add the feta cubes, mix and serve.
What do you make when you don’t really feel like cooking?