Today I have an article with a recap of my week including 2 recipes (one of them is seriously like doing magic)!
Recap of my cooking week, because it was heaven!
On Tuesday I made the Boeuf Bourguignon, you can find the recipe here: Boeuf Bourguignon .
On Wednesday I celebrated my birthday with my 4 best friends. For dinner we had the amazing Boeuf Bourguignon with pappardelle and for my vegetarian friend I made Ratatouille.
– 1/2 courgette/ zucchini
– 1/2 aubergine/ egg plant
– 2 tomatoes
– 1/2 red onion
– olive oil
– garlic powder
– salt& pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Oil a small springform (mine has a diameter of 10cm or 12 cm)
2. Slice all the vegetables around 3mm thick. Bake the aubergine until almost cooked.
3. Arrange the vegetables in the springform alternately. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil and some sprigs of rosemary.
4. Bake in the oven until cooked (around 20 minutes)
I served it with pappardelle.
For the grande dessert I made brownies, apple pie, cupcakes, scones, rocky road and lemon meringue pie (all mini’s).
Brownies, cupcakes, scones
I decided I just wasn’t going to be able to make all of these things in one afternoon, since I also had to lay the table. So I used a package from the brand “Home Made” where you only have to add water. I of course didn’t taste the brownies, but my sister (who has become a brownie tasting expert over the years) told me the ones from this brand are delicious. The scones also worked out really well, but the cupcakes: No, just no! So I made my own batter (had to call my mom for the proportions because I always forget). You can find the recipe for the cupcakes, rocky roads, apple pies and lemon meringue pie next week in 1 article, otherwise this would become too long.
On Thursday I continued with making another lemon meringue pie from the leftovers from Wednesday. Here comes in the magic! I have found this video through a dutch food site (www.culy.nl) : Video Magic Meringue
Magical Meringue (no whisk needed):
– 300 grams of powdered sugar
– 1 egg white
How to make it:
1. Mix your powdered sugar and egg white and knead until it forms a firm ball. A first it doesn’t seem to come together, but it will in the end (takes 3-5 minutes).
2. Make balls the size of a walnut and place max 3 at the time on a sheet of kitchen paper on a plate. Microwave for 1-2 minutes at 800 W. It took ours 1:40 minutes.
3. Be amazed and eat them!
Hope you like the recipes and stay tuned for Le Grande Dessert article next week!