Sadly my phone is still not functioning properly, but I can’t stand not posting any recipes so I used a pinterest photo. Today I have a recipe for a delicious creamy pasta with chicken and broccoli, it is WAY more creamy than the picture. Hope you enjoy!
What you need for 2 persons:
– 1 chicken breast
– 1 head of broccoli
– 125 grams of cubed bacon
– 125 grams of crème fraiche
– 200 grams of wholewheat penne (you can always use normal pasta)
– 200 grams of grated cheese
– Cajun spices
– salt& pepper
How to make this:
1. Fill a pan with water and put it on the hob. Bring to a boil.
2. In the meanwhile cut and clean your broccoli and chicken. !Cut the chicken on a separate board with a separate knife. You don’t want the bacteria from your chicken on your broccoli.
3. Add some salt to the water and boil the broccoli for 3- 4 minutes. Don’t drain the broccoli, but fish the pieces out with a skimmer. This way you don’t waste so much water.
4. If too much water evaporated during cooking your broccoli, just fill it right up again and bring to the boil. Add your pasta and let it cook. (Look on the package for the exact time your pasta needs to cook).
5. In a frying pan heat a little bit of oil and cook your bacon. Then add the chicken and bake until it is not raw anymore. Then add your broccoli, crème fraiche and your cajun spices.
6. Drain the pasta and add this to your sauce. Stir in the grated cheese until is is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
This dish is indulgent, but you are stil getting your vegetables and it is super quick! I hope you are going to make this, if you do, I would love to see a picture.
Edit: I wrote this article yesterday and it made me want it so bad that I’m going to make it today…