I am so happy to wake up and to see it is light early again! Time to spice up your life, spring is coming. So this Monday I was in the kitchen with one of my best friends to cook this wonderful curry. Join us!
What you need:
– 1 small head of cauliflower
– 2 tomatoes
– 1 red onion
– 1 red bell pepper
– 1/2 red chili pepper
– 300 grams of chicken breast
– curry paste for curry madras
– 200 mL coconut milk
– salt& pepper
optional: 1 lime
You also need:
– a chopper or a kitchen machine
How to make it:
1. Cut up your vegetables, keep the onion and the cauliflower apart from the rest.
2. Heat up a big pan and add a drizzle of oil. Bake your chicken until slightly brown.
3. Add the cut onion and bake for 1 minute. Then add the rest of the vegetables and chili pepper and bake for around 2 minutes.
4. Time to add the curry paste! Bake the curry paste for 2 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Put your cauliflower in the kitchen machine (or chopper) and pulse until it resembles a fine rice- like or couscous- like consistency.
6. Add some salt and pepper to your rice and put it in a bowl. Cover with clingfilm and microwave for 4 minutes.
7. Ready to eat! You can squeeze over some lime juice if you like. Enjoy!
I was too hungry to make a really nice looking photo. What you see is what you get ;).
It is easy to make your own curry paste if you want. You have to try and find out what quantities you like, but last time I used:
– ground coconut
– tomato paste
– ground ginger
– paprika powder
– garlic powder
– onion powder
What is your favorite curry? And do you make it by yourself or buy it?