Hi to you!
The next three weeks I will be taking part in the Food Battle. It is not a battle in which you try to eat as much as you can, no. It is a battle in which you try to reduce your Food Waste! I have started 2 days ago, but I already notice my thinking pattern changed! The next weeks you will probably see combinations that are slightly different and tips on how to use your leftovers.
Today my lunch was the ultimate sandwich. I had some bacon left from my pancakes and lettuce and tomatoes from the salad I made to go with a barbeque.
You will need (for 1 sandwich)
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tomato
- handfull of (sliced) iceberg lettuce
- 4 sliced of bacon
- 3 teaspoons of mayonaisse
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
How to make it
1. Bake the bacon in butter until slightly crisp. Take the bacon out and toast your bread in the leftover fat. Toast both slices just on 1 side.
2. Stir the mayo and mustard together. Have a taste to see whether you like to have more mayo or more mustard. Slice the tomato thinly.
3. Put a slice of bread toast side up on a board and put some mustard mayo on.
4. Now add the lettuce, the sliced of tomato, bacon and the top it with the other slice of bread. Toast side down.
5. Slice diagonally and enjoy!
In my opinion this is lovely with a glass of cold milk.
What is your favorite sandwich?