Today I have made a cake with an easter theme for all of my housemates. For this cake I used a cake mix from Dr. Oetker and I decided to review it.
According to the Dr. Oetker sites (ok, I didn’t check ALL of them) but I think this mix is available in Germany (Wolke Rührkuchen) and France (Mon Coeur de Nuage). It is called “Cloud Cake” and it is so fluffy and moist and yummy.
What you need (cake only)
- 1 package of Dr. Oetker Wolkencake
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml of unwhipped cream
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius. Line and butter a cake tin.
- First mix the cake mix with the eggs and the cream gently until combined. Wisk on high speed for three minutes until it becomes fluffy.
- Put the mix in the tin and bake for 50-55 minutes, mine only needed 45 though, so watch it! A skewer should come out clean.
- Decorate! Or not, since it is also delicious as it is. I filled mine with Lemon Curd and decorated it with Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
- Cut, share and enjoy!
I fell in love with these mixes from Dr. Oetker. Especially since I almost never have normal caster sugar on my shelf. For this I only need the mix, cream and eggs, perfect!
Hope you have a go when you have the chance. What is your favorite easter dessert?