I have been an am quite busy these weeks because I have exams coming up. Sometimes I feel like cooking a bit more extensive, just for relaxation, but this week I didn’t feel like it. This dish is easy and really delicious. One of my favorites 🙂
What you need
- Sweet potato fries (YES, from the supermarket. Bit less healthy, but these from Aviko are crunchy are really nice, so when I don’t want to spend to much time I won’t bother)
- 1 Chicken fillet
- Pesto (see a pattern here…)
- Optional: Vegetables. I wasn’t super hungry, so I decided just to take 1/2 a sliced cucumber.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (as prescribed on the package of the sweet potatoes)
- Put the chicken breast on a sheet of baking paper on a cutting board. Clean the chicken (do not wash it! This spread the bacteria all over your kitchen).
- Fold over the baking paper so the kitchen is sandwiched in between. Grab a pan or use the palm of your hand to whack it to flatten it. This will ensure the chicken cooks evenly.
- Spread pesto all over your chicken. I keep 1 hand clean at all times so you can use that hand to open the tap when you want to wash your other hand.
- Time to put the fries in the oven. Spread them evenly on a baking sheet and put it in the oven as prescribed (mine took 20 minutes).
- Put some breadcrumbs on a plate and cover you chicken with it. Bake it in a skillet with some oil on medium heat. Turn when the bottom is golden brown. Cook on the other side until the chicken is completely done. Enjoy!
You can serve it with some mayonnaise or have it like it is. What is your go- to dish when you have to study or a deadline?
P.S. This week I will only have one article, unless I get the opportunity to fetch some nice food in Amsterdam this weekend 🙂