Hello wonderful people!
This Sunday it is a special occasion: Mother’s day! To me my mother is a really important person, so this day is a perfect excuse to show her my gratefulness. Today I have a really easy, but fancy looking idea. Hope you enjoy.
I bought some summer fruit today and got inspired to make a breakfast that is very suitable for mother’s day. I posted the banana pancake recipe before, but it is my absolute favorite so I decided to re- do it (and change it a little). The photo in this recipe post (compared to the other banana pancake post) is WAY more representative of how delicious it is ;).
What you need
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- yogurt (I used Soy Yogurt with Coconut from Alpro)
- Fresh berries
- optional: 3 tbsp of whole wheat flour (to make it a bit more filling)
How to make it
- Chuck your eggs, banana and flour in a little chopper and mix until smooth.
- Heat a pan on the hob and add some cooking oil/ butter. I tend to use butter from a bottle lately since I had a severe Vitamin D shortage and it is added to this one 🙂
- Make small piles of batter of the size of a golf ball. Cook them on a low fire and turn when golden and when the top is dry. They will just need a few seconds on the other side. Put on a plate (not your serving plate) and cover with another plate or plastic to keep them warm. You can make them either round or heart shaped or anything you fancy really.
- While the pancakes are baking, wash your fruit and pat dry carefully.
- Time to plate! Make a pattern of your liking from the pancakes (i.e. a heart). Drop some yogurt around the plate and decorate with the fruit. Enjoy!
If you use sugar free yogurt it is completely sin free, but I guess you can spoil your mother a bit! This breakfast is of course also very suitable for your everyday breakfast or lunch. The pancakes can be made the night before and packed airtight, since they are also delicious when eaten cold. I would just skip the yogurt since it can get a bit messy ;).
What are you going to make for your mother? Have a lovely day!