Last Wednesday I decided to make a recipe that not many people here in the Netherlands know: Doritos Salad. It sounds like a salad and it has lettuce, but it isn’t really healthy. So delicious though, so I advise you to make it, haha. Especially nice on a really hot day, but any day will do (in my opinion).
What you need (3-4 persons)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 jar of taco salsa
- 1 sachet of taco seasoning
- 200 grams of grated cheese
- 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos crisps
How to make it
- Rip your iceberg into bite size peaces and wash them.
- Cut your onion and pepper into pieces of around 1 cm.
- Heat a skillet and add some butter. Brown your meat and add your onion and bell pepper, bake until slightly soft.
- Add the sachet of taco seasoning and half of the amount of water instructed on the package. Also add half of the jar of salsa.
- To your lettuce, add half of the cheese and the other half of the salsa. Mix well.
- Crush your Doritos slightly in the bag and add them. Keep some behind for the finishing touch 😉
- Add your meat/ onion/ pepper mixture and mix it in carefully.
- Finish with the rest of the cheese and the Doritos. Enjoy!