Hello happy people!
Today I have a recipe for you who like something sweet in the morning. These muffins are so freaking delicious and you can freeze them, so breakfast in no- time.
What you need
- 75 grams whole wheat flour
- 125 grams plain flour
- 200 grams of rolled oats
- 35 grams of cane sugar& stevia
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs, separated
- 250 mL milk
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 150 grams of blueberries
How to make it (12 big muffins)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius. I have the slight feeling my oven is a bit broken, so keep an eye to check whether it isn’t too hot!
- Mix your dry ingredients: both flours, oats, sugar, chia seeds, baking powder and salt.
- Mash your bananas until smooth and add the egg yolks, milk and oil. Mix it really well.
- Time to combine! Carefully stir your wet ingredients into you dry ingredients to make a batter. It will be quite wet, so don’t be worried 😉
- Whisk your egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold them into your batter together with the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly over the muffin tins and bake for 25- 35 minutes. If you insert a skewer it should come out clean.
- Try to resist the temptation to immediately eat one, because the blueberry juice will be super hot! Let them cool a bit and enjoy!
These muffins ate definitely a new breakfast favorite. They keep in an airtight container up to 3 days and they freeze well. Just get them out the night before and breakfast is served as you wake up!
Do you like having muffins for breakfast?