Hi happy people!
Last week it was super super hot out here (above 30 degrees celsius) and my friends and I decided to just do nothing and have some yummy food. One of my friends had this recipe for amazing salmon burgers and she gave it to me, so now I can share it with you!
These salmon burgers contain healthy fats from the salmon and avocado and are topped with a really delicious spinach pesto. You will need a chopper of some sorts for this.
What you need (for 5 burgers)
- 300 grams of defrosted salmon
- 200 grams of cannellini beans
- 300 grams of fresh spinach
- 100 grams of feta cheese
- 5 wholegrain rolls
- 2 avocado’s
- 3 teaspoons tapenade (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
How to make them
- First make the pesto by putting 100 grams of the spinach, the feta and the tapenade in the chopper and blitzing it until smooth. Season with pepper, salt is unnecessary since the feta contains a lot of salt.
- Rinse your chopper and fill it up with the salmon, beans, mustard and the rest of the spinach, leave just a few leaves to add to the rolls later. Pulse until it is a slightly flakey and thick batter.
- Heat up a skillet on and add a bit of olive oil. Turn it down to a medium heat and make small piles of the batter in the pan and flatten them a little. Bake on each side for around 4 minutes.
- While the burgers are baking prep your rolls. Slice them in half and add some of the pesto and a few spinach leaves. Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and slice thinly.
- Put the burgers on the roll and add the avocado. Serve the burgers with roasted sweet and normal potatoes. Enjoy!
I hope you have a lovely summer holiday and you find some time to make this yummy dish!