In the summer I love to eat salads in the evening: Pasta, Couscous, Vegetables, delicious! :). Today I have a recipe for spicy couscous, but you can make it less spicy if you like that. It is also a nice option for a bbq.
What you need (for 6 persons)
- 200 grams of couscous
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 chorizo sausage of 250 grams (if you want it less spicy use salami or leave it out if you want it vegetarian friendly)
- 1 red onion
- 200 grams of feta cheese
- 500 grams of cherry tomatoes
- handful of mint and parsley
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
How to make it
- Cut the eggplant, zucchinis and bell peppers into small cubes (1 cm). Heat some oil in a pan and bake until golden. Bake it in batches so you really bake it rather than steaming.
- Make the couscous by adding the couscous to a bowl and adding the same amount of boiling water. Stir, cover with clingfilm and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chorizo sausage (1 cm) and bake in a dry pan until crisp.
- In the meanwhile cut the onion and feta, also in small cubes, and halve the tomatoes.
- Stir your couscous and then add the vegetables, feta cheese, baked chorizo and its fat. Finish with the cut herbs, a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and some lemon juice. Enjoy!
What do you tend to cook in the summer?