Having a wonderful summer? Hanging out in the sun? Well, get inside! Just for half an hour, but you have to make this recipe :). It is my all time favorite dessert: Tiramisu!
What you need (for 1 person, but 8 will also work, if you are willing to share…)
- 6 eggs
- 500 grams of mascarpone
- 125 grams + 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- 200 – 300 grams of lady fingers
- 200 ml of coffee, cold
How to make it
- Get yourself a nice clean bowl and clean whisk attachments. This is important, since egg whites won’t get stiff if any fat is in the bowl or on the whisks.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in the fat free bowl and the yolks in another mixing bowl. (If you have only 1 mixing bowl, first mix the egg whites and put them in another bowl and go to step 3 ). Mix until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add 125 grams of sugar to the egg yolks and mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir the mascarpone into the egg yolk and sugar mixture. If stirring doesn’t work well, you could also use the mixer again.
- Add the cognac to taste. I like to add around 5 tablespoons I guess, but it is just eyeballing.
- Now fold in half of the egg whites. You don’t have to be super careful jet, it is just to loosen the mixture. Then fold in the other half carefully.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the coffee and stir in.
- Get a big glass oven tray and start building. Soak the lady fingers in the coffee briefly and line the bottom of the tray. Put enough of the mascarpone mixture on top to cover the lady fingers. Again soak the lady fingers briefly and line them on top of the mascarpone. Go on and finish with the mascarpone mixture.
- Put in the fridge for 6 hours, but preferably overnight. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder if you want to. Enjoy!
What is your ultimate dessert?