This week I am sharing this burger recipe with you. I came across this recipe some time ago and it is so so good I had to share it.
Here we go!
You will need (for 4 burgers)
- 1 big carrot
- 1 onion
- 400 grams of black beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams of oats
- splash of (low sodium) soy sauce
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayun spices
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Toppings are up to you, these are my favorites
- 1/2 mashed avocado
- 1/2 tomato
How to prepare
- Slice your onion into small pieces and grate the carrot and garlic.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and bake the onions untill they are slightly translucent.
- Add your carrots, garlic and spices and bake for about a minute. Your kitchen will start to smell amazing :).
- Turn of the heat and let cool slightly while you mash the black beans. This is a good “I had a bad day” activity, haha.
- Mix your fragent veggie mix into the beans, add oats and soy sauce. Shape them into burger shapes and put them on a plate. Let rest in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Go and do something nice for half an hour (make a Lemon Drizzle for example) and don’t be usefull by washing your skillet just yet. You can use it later to bake your burgers in, less dishes!
- Heat the skillet again with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake your burgers nice and brown.
I served them on a spelt bun with sweet potato chips, not too many though, this burger fills you right up!
Tip: Eating this all by yourself? Still make 4 of them and wrap 3 airtight and store in your freezer for another day 🙂