Today I have a recipe for quiche (or savory pie, however you like to call it ;)). I tasted this combination of flavours in a quiche on my Happietaria adventure, and after 1,5 years I’ve finally tried to make it myself. Hope you like it as much as I do.
What you’ll need
- 225 grams of quiche pastry (we have this in the frozen section at the supermarket)
- 20 grams of breadcrumbs
- half a head of broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 150 grams of sun-dried tomatoes on oil
- 5 eggs
- 2 tomatoes
- 150 grams of grated cheese
- 250 ml of soy cream
- 2 teaspoons of pesto
- oregano, basil and thyme
How to prepare
- Line and oil your baking tin of 25 cm. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Carefully line your tin with the dough.
- Cut your broccoli into florets and cook for 2 minutes. Cool them off under the running tap, so they won’t continue to cook.
- Slice your onions into pieces about 1 by 1 cm and slice the tomatoes into thin slices. Also cut the sun- dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Spread the breadcrumbs over the bottom and then divide the onion and broccoli over the breadcrumbs.
- Make the “batter” by combining the eggs, the cream, the sun- dried tomatoes, the pesto, herbs and some salt and pepper. Then stir through half of the cheese.
- Pour your “batter” in your tin and top with sliced tomatoes and more cheese.
- Slide into the preheated over and bake for 45- 55 min (depends on your oven, keep and eye on it).
- Let cool slighty before serving. This one is also delicious cold, or warm it up in an oven for about 20 min at 100 degrees Celcius if you made this in advance for several days. 😉
What is your favorite quiche?